Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on January 30, 2015, 11:08:02 am

Title: Sunset on ice
Post by: armand on January 30, 2015, 11:08:02 am
few days ago
Title: Re: Sunset on ice
Post by: francois on January 30, 2015, 11:14:38 am
Photos #3 and #4 grabbed my attention immediately. I guess that in the end, my favorite is #4 with the colorful sky placed at the top of the frame.
Title: Re: Sunset on ice
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 30, 2015, 11:35:21 am
They are all appealing, and much like scenes I try to find.
My favorite is 4.
Title: Re: Sunset on ice
Post by: armand on January 30, 2015, 11:42:41 am
Maybe I should consider myself fortunate then, this is my usual park where I go (big reason is that there I can let the dog loose) and it's only 15-20 min from me.

And since you like the fourth here is another similar one taken at the same time
Title: Re: Sunset on ice
Post by: Bruce Cox on January 30, 2015, 12:56:52 pm
si-5 is my favorite.
Title: Re: Sunset on ice
Post by: francois on January 31, 2015, 10:07:18 am
The last photo is also very fine. If you have a additional - similar - one, then you could have a triptych.
Title: Re: Sunset on ice
Post by: armand on January 31, 2015, 10:30:21 pm
The last photo is also very fine. If you have a additional - similar - one, then you could have a triptych.

As it happens I do have one more  ;D
Title: Re: Sunset on ice
Post by: armand on January 31, 2015, 11:12:51 pm
And a last one from the same evening, not sure yet about it
Title: Re: Sunset on ice
Post by: Colorado David on January 31, 2015, 11:17:19 pm
I like this last one.  Is that a contrail above the tree line?  If it is, I'd get rid of it.  I'd like the sky to be a little more saturated, but I really love the composition.
Title: Re: Sunset on ice
Post by: Bob_B on February 01, 2015, 09:02:10 am
I like the last one too, and agree with Colorado David's thoughts, especially removal of the contrail.
Title: Re: Sunset on ice
Post by: armand on February 02, 2015, 04:36:19 pm
here is a little boost, although I think the file is reaching it's limits (or more exact I'm reaching my postprocessing limits)
Title: Re: Sunset on ice
Post by: francois on February 03, 2015, 06:54:12 am
here is a little boost, although I think the file is reaching it's limits (or more exact I'm reaching my postprocessing limits)

All good! No need to push further.
Title: Re: Sunset on ice
Post by: Bob_B on February 03, 2015, 10:11:16 am
+1. I like the new version of the sunset.
Title: Re: Sunset on ice
Post by: sarrasani on February 05, 2015, 04:18:23 pm
fascinating subjects, and well composed.
Only, I don't like particullary the colour rendition, and the snow with all that violet dominant.
All the best,
sandro