Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on January 26, 2015, 09:36:59 pm

Title: Smoke
Post by: armand on January 26, 2015, 09:36:59 pm
It's cold out here in Michigan
Title: Re: Smoke
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 26, 2015, 11:58:20 pm
Well seen.
Title: Re: Smoke
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 27, 2015, 03:48:16 am
Well seen.

Indeed. And from what I hear on the news, Eric, you're going to have an excellent opportunity to see similar things very soon. I hope all proves well.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Smoke
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 27, 2015, 04:21:21 am
The second image is appealing.
Title: Re: Smoke
Post by: RSL on January 27, 2015, 06:39:52 am
The second image is appealing.

+1
Title: Re: Smoke
Post by: armand on January 27, 2015, 07:03:41 pm
Thank you.
On the second one the blue right corner is a heated pool so that mist is not really smoke although it looks very similar at that cold, I think it was somewhere around 0 Fahrenheit, give or take a little. The framing was a little more difficult as I had the 70-200 lens on the D750 so I had to back up significantly to fit what I wanted in the frame (at that cold I had no intention of changing the lens even as I had much wider options with me). I could have walked closer and use the X-T1 with the 10-24 but I wanted the full frame sensor for this one, not to mention that my room was the opposite way  ;)
Title: Re: Smoke
Post by: armand on January 29, 2015, 10:46:16 am
Another one
Title: Re: Smoke
Post by: francois on January 29, 2015, 11:02:50 am
I like both the first and the second images. I find that the first one is not that well balanced but the second is awesome. Good job!