Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: nvw on January 22, 2015, 12:17:27 pm

Title: Crop Question
Post by: nvw on January 22, 2015, 12:17:27 pm
Hello,

I see that Lightroom allows me to specify a crop of 4x3. What I would like is to make a crop of 3x4. Is there a way to do this via LR? I've tried the custom setting but doing that brings it to 4x3. I'm a little new to this so please let me know if I am misunderstanding the process.

Thank you.
Title: Re: Crop Question
Post by: bjanes on January 22, 2015, 12:36:12 pm
Hello,

I see that Lightroom allows me to specify a crop of 4x3. What I would like is to make a crop of 3x4. Is there a way to do this via LR? I've tried the custom setting but doing that brings it to 4x3. I'm a little new to this so please let me know if I am misunderstanding the process.

Thank you.

Use the shortcut key X. This switches from horizontal to vertical and should do what you want.

Bill
Title: Re: Crop Question
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 22, 2015, 01:07:56 pm
Or, if you are a visual type, grab the crop by the corner and drag it, it will switch orientation.
Title: Re: Crop Question
Post by: nvw on January 22, 2015, 01:12:01 pm
Thanks for the X short cut. The grabbing by the corner did not work but I know it works in Print mode. I forgot to mention I was in the Develop mod.

Title: Re: Crop Question
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 22, 2015, 01:28:49 pm
...The grabbing by the corner did not work but I know it works in Print mode. I forgot to mention I was in the Develop mod.

It works in the Develop mode too, just might take a little practice. Once you figure it out, it's real easy.
Title: Re: Crop Question
Post by: nvw on January 22, 2015, 01:37:14 pm
Ok, I'll play with it more. Thanks.
Title: Re: Crop Question
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 22, 2015, 04:14:00 pm
Forgot to say, for it to work, the ratio has to be locked (the little lock icon).