Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on January 21, 2015, 09:15:00 am

Title: Holy Well
Post by: seamus finn on January 21, 2015, 09:15:00 am
County Clare, Ireland.

Title: Re: Holy Well
Post by: RSL on January 21, 2015, 10:31:38 am
Reminds me of the woman on a tour to the Blarney Stone. When the bus arrived there was a sign saying the stone was closed for cleaning. She got on the attendant's case, chewed him up one side and down the other, explaining that he and his entire ancestry were stupid as well as ignorant since it was his fault she wasn't going to be able to kiss the stone.

The attendant said, "Well, miss, are you aware that if you kiss someone who's kissed the stone you'll have the same good luck you'd have if you'd kissed the stone itself."

She gave him a screwed-up frown and said: "And of course, you've kissed it."

The attendant smiled: "Oh no, miss, but I've sat on it"

Sorry, Seamus. I do like the picture. It's the kind of thing I used to search out in the sixties, when there were still remnants of the American West hiding here and there.
Title: Re: Holy Well
Post by: seamus finn on January 21, 2015, 10:51:37 am
Glad you like the picture, Russ. I like your story - sounds just about right for this country!
Title: Re: Holy Well
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 21, 2015, 12:11:52 pm
I like the photo, and Russ's story adds a certain something to the experience.
Title: Re: Holy Well
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 21, 2015, 12:28:27 pm
Beautiful scene.  This kind of whitewashed shrine reminds me of the ones in Goa.
Title: Re: Holy Well
Post by: MattNQ on January 22, 2015, 07:21:41 am
I love the sense of isolation.