Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Simon J.A. Simpson on January 20, 2015, 01:04:52 pm
-
Is this something new for Lula ? I keep getting "Offers4U" popping up at the bottom of my screen. But only on the Lula website. Very irritating. Anyone from Lula care to comment ?
-
No such popups on either of my systems or my mobile, FWIW.
-
Hi, this is certinly not something that we have authorized.
It's possible that we or you are the subject of malware.
See if you can 'capture' the actual graphic and more importantly the URL that it leads to.
Please do not post it here but rather please zip the files and email them to customerservice at luminous-landscape.com
Chris
-
Hi, this is certinly not something that we have authorized.
It's possible that we or you are the subject of malware.
Yes, Google suggests it's a browser virus.
Cheers,
Bart
-
Chris. Thanks. I am really glad it's not a Lula stimulated popup.
I have investigated and I believe it was some Safari (Mac) extensions installed after downloading a SMART disk checking app from CNET (who one would have thought should know better than to try this kind of thing). I've deleted the extensions and the app and will see if this stops it. So far so good. Puzzling part was it was only Lula pages that seemed to stimulate the popups and then with photographic "offers" !
Message to share is beware CNET downloads. Don't.
-
Message to share is beware CNET downloads. Don't.
A story on CNet Downloading:
http://www.howtogeek.com/198622/heres-what-happens-when-you-install-the-top-10-download.com-apps/ (http://www.howtogeek.com/198622/heres-what-happens-when-you-install-the-top-10-download.com-apps/)
Moral of the story: Use CNET to find software, go to the original vendor to download and if you can only download it from CNET, don't download it at all.