Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: billy on January 14, 2015, 07:38:01 pm

Title: Problem w/ NEC PA241w Monitor. Pink color streaks thru monitor
Post by: billy on January 14, 2015, 07:38:01 pm
hi. I am having a new problem with my 3 year old monitor ( on a 2010 Mac Pro ): There are horizontal streaks of very light pink and lavender hues running across the monitor. you can see it on the desktop, in photoshop, Mac Mail, etc. Every Application has it. I am uploading a screen grab of a B/W photo in Photoshop. Its tough to see it but it looks like it runs thru the image as well. I am running Mac OS 10.9.5. I just recalibrated it with my Color Munki the problem persists. Any suggestions?
Title: Re: Problem w/ NEC PA241w Monitor. Pink color streaks thru monitor
Post by: digitaldog on January 14, 2015, 07:45:33 pm
Can't really see it but have you tried another set of cables?
Title: Re: Problem w/ NEC PA241w Monitor. Pink color streaks thru monitor
Post by: Tim Lookingbill on January 14, 2015, 09:39:14 pm
Screengrabs aren't going to show color issues of this sort if it's caused by the hardware of the display which is a possibility.

Can you take a photo of your display and post it?

Sounds to me like electromagnetic interference induced non-uniformity of some sort. Andrew's cable switch suggestion I'ld go with first, though.