Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: disneytoy on January 14, 2015, 03:49:42 am

Title: Issues with Manual roll paper cutting Epson 9890 PAPER ERROR
Post by: disneytoy on January 14, 2015, 03:49:42 am
Sorry, I could not find a previous discussion.

I have read the manual section on paper cutting. As a test I did a 16x22" print on Epson Glossy roll 250. with cut turned off. According to manual I can hit the scissor button, then ok to cut and it will cut.

But I get an ERROR: PAPER ERROR:Load Paper Correctly refer to the manual

Everything looks fine.

The only thing I know to do is release the vacuum and hand roll it up or down and hand cut it.

Any other suggestions? If I hit the pause button I get JOB PAUSE or JOB CANCEL both just bring me to thee error message. I'll leave the print in the printer to morning, maybe there will be a suggestion what I can do.

Thanks.

Max

I am reading Page 68 in the manual

Title: Re: Issues with Manual roll paper cutting Epson 9890 PAPER ERROR
Post by: jferrari on January 14, 2015, 08:46:27 am
Immediately upon completion of the printing the LCD screen on the printer will report "Ready" or "Ink Low" (if that is the case) and it is at that point that you press the scissor button. Do not touch any other buttons such as the up or down paper feed or platen release. If you have touched anything prior to hitting the scissor button you will receive that error message.    -Jim