Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: Webman on January 10, 2015, 01:31:47 pm

Title: Fuji 60mm lens - Sharpness & Bokeh
Post by: Webman on January 10, 2015, 01:31:47 pm
Just received my new Fuji XF 60mm lens.   Took it out this morning for a little test shooting.

Here's a couple of photos that I shot wide open.   Sharp foreground with creamy bokeh in the background.  

Love this effect.  I'm going to be shooting this lens a whole lot "wide open"...
Title: Re: Fuji 60mm lens - Sharpness & Bokeh
Post by: armand on January 10, 2015, 02:13:33 pm
I saw a comparison somewhere between this and the 56 and some people preferred the bokeh on this one when stopped a little. Of course it's f/2.4 vs the f/1.2 so that's a big draw for the 56.

It is sharp, one of the sharper in the Fuji lineup. Slow to focus and only 1:2 macro but it is light. I use it much less now that I have the 56 though.
Title: Re: Fuji 60mm lens - Sharpness & Bokeh
Post by: Paul2660 on January 10, 2015, 07:34:36 pm
The 60 is an excellent lens. It dates back to the x-pro 1 and is a bit slow on AF focus. But it's extemely sharp and light. I believe it also may focus closer than the 56mm 1.2.

Paul

Title: Re: Fuji 60mm lens - Sharpness & Bokeh
Post by: armand on January 10, 2015, 10:24:39 pm
It better be focusing closer, it's a macro after all.

Edit: you made me check, it's 27 cm vs 70 cm.