Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: AFairley on January 10, 2015, 11:57:04 am

Title: Source for ultra flat black spray paint?
Post by: AFairley on January 10, 2015, 11:57:04 am
I'm looking for a source for ultra flat spray paint, like the dead flat stuff the OEMs used to put on the inside of lens hoods.  All I am finding in the local hardware & hobby stores has some reflectivity. Thanks.
Title: Re: Source for ultra flat black spray paint?
Post by: degrub on January 10, 2015, 12:01:00 pm
Try an astronomy supply house. Same is used inside home made dobson reflectors.

Frank
Title: Re: Source for ultra flat black spray paint?
Post by: t6b9p on January 10, 2015, 12:23:24 pm
Krylon Ultra Flat Black 51602 available online only (now classified as industrial product).
I measured the spectral reflectance of this product and it is excellent from UV through the visible and into the IR.