Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Phinius on January 08, 2015, 02:43:22 pm
-
I use LR 5.7. It cannot "see" .jpg files from my RX100 or any files having been focus-stacked coming out of Helicon Focus unless saved first by Photoshop. Once saved by PS, even without any changes, LR can see and import the files. Has anyone experienced this problem?
-
Do they happen to reside in the same folder as Raw files of the same name (ie. as in you shot Raw+Jpeg)?
-
As Rick asked, are you shooting Raw+JPG? If so, open LR's Preferences where on General settings page you'll find a check box for "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos." I'll bet it's currently off. Turn it on.
-
Thanks! That solved the RX100 problem. My 5dii doesn't shoot RAW +jpg. I'm till not quite sure why LR isn't recognizing Helicon Focus output without laundering it through PS, but that will have to wait for another day.