Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on January 08, 2015, 10:07:00 am

Title: The Smell of Money
Post by: Chris Calohan on January 08, 2015, 10:07:00 am
I am planning to shoot a full narrative of this plant. It is a huge economic staple of the community and while it is often quite smelly, and though there may be an "occasional" leak of not-so-nice chemicals into the atmosphere, the folk in these parts refer to it as the smell of money - which will be the title of the narrative. I am in the midst of conversations with the owners of the mill to access the property over the course of a full year, both day and night time shots.

The narrative is not designed to show the mill as a "nasty place" whereby it is the good coming from a necessary evil, but rather to show there is beauty in industry. It's always just a matter of perspective.
Title: Re: The Smell of Money
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 11, 2015, 04:06:10 am
I wish you well, Chris. It seems to be a place with fantastic potential.

Jeremy
Title: Re: The Smell of Money
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 11, 2015, 03:33:10 pm
I wish you well, Chris. It seems to be a place with fantastic potential.

Jeremy
I agree.
Saint Ansel did a lot of fine industrial photography, so you are in good company.
Title: Re: The Smell of Money
Post by: RSL on January 11, 2015, 04:29:59 pm
Keep shooting, Chris. This place is worth a lot of work.
Title: Re: The Smell of Money
Post by: francois on January 12, 2015, 05:08:13 am
Cough, cough – A superb subject! The industrial world is always fascinating. I look forward to reading your article/photos.