Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: wmchauncey on January 05, 2015, 01:38:08 pm

Title: Okay, it's like this
Post by: wmchauncey on January 05, 2015, 01:38:08 pm
I wanted something that was really cornball/hokey...maybe for Valentine's Day     ;D
What say you guys?

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/big-group-orchids-in-progress-copy.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/big-group-orchids-in-progress-copy.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Okay, it's like this
Post by: wmchauncey on January 06, 2015, 07:35:29 pm
Nobody has anything to say about making it better?      ???
Title: Re: Okay, it's like this
Post by: mbaginy on January 07, 2015, 07:56:46 am
I like the colors, the contrast, the background and especially the composition.  A very pleasing image - as you had suggested, a real candidate for Valentines Day!  If I were asked to adjust anything in the image, I'd maybe crop a bit more on all sides except the bottom; not much, just a tad.  ???

A really nice shot!
Title: Re: Okay, it's like this
Post by: Bob_B on January 07, 2015, 09:56:03 am
I like it too, and I think the idea of tightening the crop just a bit makes sense.