Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: bgphoto on January 05, 2015, 11:35:25 am
-
I am curious if anybody else has noticed when an ink cartridge runs low to the point of the flashing yield sign you start to see more ink clogs.
In the past, after installing a new cartridge the clogs seem to go away after a cleaning cycle. I have never been able to run a cartridge to a point where it has run out of ink
I am assuming that somehow the pressure in the system is dropping somewhat and causing a problem.
Currently I have the Yellow and LK cartridges running in the Yield state. Interestingly it is the other cartridges that are showing some clogging but the Y and LK are not.
Ben
-
I don’t print that frequently, so when cartridges run low they stay that way for a while. I haven’t notice any increase in clogging from that.
As far as running the printer till it runs out of ink, I do that all the time. It doesn’t actually run dry, but at some point the printer will refuse to print until a new ink cartridge is installed. After the new one is installed, (even mid print) it continues without issue.
-
Wayne,
Thanks for your response.
I run my printer often but not continuously.
I am certain that I can run the cartridge til it is flagged as requiring replacement but I have found that if I don't replace it shortly after it is flagged as low, meaning that the yellow yield sign is flashing, I tend to have clogging more frequently.
The purpose of my post is to find out if this is unique to my printer or just an inherent issue with these x890/x900 printers. It could also be an issue that most people don't pay close enough attention to.
Ben
-
You're saying you get clogging in channels other than the one that's low, so, not sure why you would conclude that the low ink in that cart would cause problems in others...
They don't run out of ink when you get to "empty". However, the question to be asked is how long since you installed the carts?