Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: John Caldwell on January 05, 2015, 09:50:50 am
-
Watching Julieanne Kost's tutorial on Camera RAW, I see that it's possible to move an adjustment brush mask within the canvas by Command + Option dragging the mask's pin to a new location. Is this possible in LR also? If so, is there some rookie mistake I'm making that keeps me from succeeding in moving an adjustment brush mask?
The Kost Blog:
http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/tag/adjustment-brush
Many thanks,
John Caldwell
-
In LR5.7 on Windows, you just drag the radial filter - no need for the modifier key.
Moving a local adjustment brush isn't possible in LR5.
-
Got it: Not possible. Not too much to incorporate in future LR, given that the code has been written for Camera RAW?
John-
-
I don't think anyone will be surprised if it appears in a future version of Lightroom. For now, I find I use the radial filter for many cases where I would have previously used the brush, and its points are already movable. Maybe give that a try?
-
Yes John, the radial filter has replaced much or what I used to do with the brush, and the ability to move and reshape the radial mask is a big part of that use. I'll go so far as to say the radial filter is easily my favorite newer LR feature.
Still though, moving an adjustment brush mask would be a worthy addition at some point.
Thanks, John.
John-
-
Can you open as a smart object in PS and move the mask in ACR? I can't in CS6, but maybe in CC?
-
You wouldn't do it exactly like that, but good idea.
First you would save the metadata back to the file. Then open it in Adobe Camera Raw - from Bridge , for example. After moving the pins, back to Lightroom and Metadata > Read Metaadata from File.
That's pretty ugly, so it'll be no surprise if it's possible in the next version of Lightroom .