Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: disneytoy on January 04, 2015, 04:23:46 am

Title: Printing books (double sided papers)?
Post by: disneytoy on January 04, 2015, 04:23:46 am
I'm interested in printing books oon an 9890. I see some companies doing this. But what double sided paper is specifically for this application?
Title: Re: Printing books (double sided papers)?
Post by: Czornyj on January 04, 2015, 07:13:43 am
My friend (who runs a succeessful inkjet fine art photo book bussiness) prints spreads on single side papers using Canon iPF6400, creases them and glues back to back:
www.qtalbums.com
Title: Re: Printing books (double sided papers)?
Post by: Iluvmycam on January 04, 2015, 09:25:06 am
A big problem with book paper is finding perfectly flat paper. Most seem to have a curl.
Title: Re: Printing books (double sided papers)?
Post by: JRSmit on January 04, 2015, 10:58:03 am
I'm interested in printing books oon an 9890. I see some companies doing this. But what double sided paper is specifically for this application?
[/quote,
depends on how the book is made. When stichting (classical bookbinding) is used i prefer innova ifa05 which has guaranteed grain direction and with proper profiling gives beautiful results.
Title: Re: Printing books (double sided papers)?
Post by: jferrari on January 04, 2015, 11:02:31 am
It's not just a simple matter of printing a bunch a nice looking photos on paper. You also have to consider some kind of professional looking binding and covers for your book. Not an easy or inexpensive task. Another consideration is front to back registration. Again, not an easy task. Anyway, here is an answer (http://www.adorama.com/IJLD284450.html) to your OP. Good luck with your project.    - Jim
Title: Re: Printing books (double sided papers)?
Post by: AFairley on January 04, 2015, 11:48:57 am
Canson also makes a double sided paper, you can find info on their website.  (Have not used it myself.)
Title: Re: Printing books (double sided papers)?
Post by: Ronny Nilsen on January 04, 2015, 01:26:37 pm
Hahnemühle FineArt InkJet Leather Albums (http://www.hahnemuehle.com/en/digital-fineart/inkjet-photo-albums.html)

I have used their double sided Natural Art paper (matte paper).

Ronny
Title: Re: Printing books (double sided papers)?
Post by: disneytoy on January 04, 2015, 01:52:53 pm
Thank you.

This is not for large runs. I'm in the art business. Would like to have more control over print quality, size etc on a few custom books. I have access to a print shop that could do the trimming and perfect binding.
Title: Re: Printing books (double sided papers)?
Post by: Peter McLennan on January 04, 2015, 05:31:17 pm
For my first attempt at a book I printed on 11X17 double sided microceramic lustre from inkjetart.com.
Image quality was excellent.  My production techniques for binding, not so much. :)
Title: Re: Printing books (double sided papers)?
Post by: guisimões on January 17, 2015, 10:49:40 am
I can't use my Canon iPF6300 to print both sides... Even if I clean the platen, an ink stripe appears at the back side of the paper. It's really annoying, because I tried every instruction on the manual, and nothing works...