Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Garnick on January 03, 2015, 11:15:54 am

Title: 9900 - D130 Service Code
Post by: Garnick on January 03, 2015, 11:15:54 am
Hello all,

A few minutes ago I started up the 9900 as usual, loaded a sheet of paper and sent a test.  When I realized the print hadn't started I took a look and was set back by what I saw.  I should have written down all of the info, but I was so anxious to try a possible fix that I forgot to get all of the details.  One thing I did see was the "Call For Service" heading and the error code D130.  Also the suggestion to shut down and restart as a possible fix.  I did that and everything seemed to be OK, so I sent the test again.  Again, nothing.  Being a Mac user I opened SysPrefs and then to "Print & Scan" to check the the 9900's status there.  I did notice that the 9900 was no longer the default printer, but then remembered that I had previously used an older 1280 to print some docs.  I made sure that the 9900 was reset to default and closed SysPrefs.  Tried again with no success, no printing.  Back to SysPrefs "Print & Scan" and opened the 9900 print que.  There I found the three previous attempts for the test, so I cleared the que.  Everything has been working fine since then, but I'm wondering if anyone might know the exact description/reason for the D130 Error Code for the 9900.  I will admit that it did look rather ominous at first glance.

Gary 
Title: Re: 9900 - D130 Service Code
Post by: datro on January 03, 2015, 02:28:26 pm
Here's the full error text you will see with a D130:
"CALL FOR SERVICE - Code D130 - Power off and then on.  If this doesn't work, note the code and call for service."

Not really that much information >:(.  The Field Repair Guide says DXXX errors are CPU errors and related to the Main Board or Firmware.  The suggested remedy is to re-install firmware.

I've had two of these in 6 years with my 7900 (within about a month of each other in 2011).  In each case I did nothing more than powering off and back on.  I would ignore it for now; if you have more of them then maybe re-install the latest firmware or call Epson.  I suspect AC power fluctuations might be one cause of these type of errors but that is just a hunch.

Dave

Title: Re: 9900 - D130 Service Code
Post by: Garnick on January 04, 2015, 04:02:21 pm
Here's the full error text you will see with a D130:
"CALL FOR SERVICE - Code D130 - Power off and then on.  If this doesn't work, note the code and call for service."

Not really that much information >:(.  The Field Repair Guide says DXXX errors are CPU errors and related to the Main Board or Firmware.  The suggested remedy is to re-install firmware.

I've had two of these in 6 years with my 7900 (within about a month of each other in 2011).  In each case I did nothing more than powering off and back on.  I would ignore it for now; if you have more of them then maybe re-install the latest firmware or call Epson.  I suspect AC power fluctuations might be one cause of these type of errors but that is just a hunch.

Dave

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the reply.  Actually, I just threw this out there thinking it would probably not elicit any replies, since I had no memory of having seen anything on this forum concerning this code within the past 5 years.  I've been working with the 9900 for almost 5 years and this is the first time I've seen it.  I will admit that I was rather taken aback when it popped up, and I was so anxious to do the reboot tango that I forgot to record all of the message.  Thanks for passing that along, but I hope I'll never encounter it again.  At least now I know there's at least one person who has enjoyed the pleasure of coping with the dreaded "Error Code".  Thanks again for the reply Dave, much appreciated.

Gary