Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on January 03, 2015, 10:00:48 am

Title: Industry
Post by: Chris Calohan on January 03, 2015, 10:00:48 am
A blight to some eyes, but beauty is indeed in the eye of the viewfinder.
Title: Re: Industry
Post by: RSL on January 03, 2015, 10:05:24 am
Bravo Chris! That's probably the best thing I've seen you do. That's LOOKING! It's a powerful shot.
Title: Re: Industry
Post by: armand on January 03, 2015, 10:32:35 am
You can send it to Greenpeace
Title: Re: Industry
Post by: Aztex on January 03, 2015, 11:37:54 am
A blight to some eyes, but beauty is indeed in the eye of the viewfinder.

Wonderful!

This is the sort of thing I gravitate towards and so much of it is far beyond lock gates and fences.  almost impossible to get unobstructed views.

Thanks for sharing,

Aztex
Title: Re: Industry
Post by: mezzoduomo on January 03, 2015, 12:05:53 pm
Excellent shot!

Is this place in Indianapolis?
Title: Re: Industry
Post by: Bruce Cox on January 03, 2015, 12:39:33 pm
I like it. 

If it is a utility generating electricity, that back story would present an idea almost as integrating as the smoke and steam.
Title: Re: Industry
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 03, 2015, 01:21:09 pm
Great shot, Chris. And with nary a heron in sight.
Title: Re: Industry
Post by: Chris Calohan on January 03, 2015, 02:29:36 pm
He'd of choked to death had he flown near that place, which is in Millville, FL. It's a plant for making cardboard.
Title: Re: Industry
Post by: Alan Klein on January 03, 2015, 03:22:31 pm
It's a dramatic shot.  I like it a lot.  I'd like to see a version with more whites on the level adjustment.
Title: Re: Industry
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 03, 2015, 05:22:06 pm
It's a dramatic shot.  I like it a lot.  I'd like to see a version with more whites on the level adjustment.
But then it wouldn't look so depressingly (and wonderfully) grim.