Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: wmchauncey on January 02, 2015, 06:54:21 am
-
Tried some different lighting with this arrangement...again it was stacked and merged to 60" wide @ 300ppi.
What say you all?
(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/superior-orchid-pt-one-copy-7.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/superior-orchid-pt-one-copy-7.jpg.html)
-
I say "wow, nice!" :) I like the symmetry, thought a lot about the square framing and then decided it worked. Also, nice blue side/back lighting. What was your lighting setup?
-
What was your lighting setup?
http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Bright-XtraFlex2-Light-Blue/dp/B001CBEE76/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1420209677&sr=1-2&keywords=mighty+bright+book+light
Lots of reflected lighting bouncing off white walls and ceiling as well as two of these for subtle back lighting.
Was shot against a black drop cloth...nothing fancy. Thanks for kudos. ;)
-
FWIW here is a crop of one bloom...
(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/superior-orchid-pt-one-copy-5.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/superior-orchid-pt-one-copy-5.jpg.html)
-
http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Bright-XtraFlex2-Light-Blue/dp/B001CBEE76/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1420209677&sr=1-2&keywords=mighty+bright+book+light
That's a fascinating link! I've never seen a reading light with cast iron twig skewers before, or any protective device to prevent food from sliding off it. I can see why it merits 4.5 stars.
Sadly, the red and black versions don't have them.
Jeremy
PS: nice shot, by the way. The symmetry is very appealing.
-
Sometimes we try to avoid symmetry but here, it works so elegantly.
What a beauty, on par with your other flower images. Keep up the good work.