Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: huguito on January 01, 2015, 06:55:10 pm

Title: Switching to MAC
Post by: huguito on January 01, 2015, 06:55:10 pm
Happy new year to everyone!

I have been using PC's only so far, yesterday got an Imac that will be used mainly for pictures processing and printing.

Can anyone suggest a good and simple book or tutorial series about migrating from windows to mac?

Thanks

Hugo
Title: Re: Switching to MAC
Post by: Chris_Brown on January 01, 2015, 07:03:05 pm
This info (http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4796) looks fairly complete.

I hope you enjoy working on a Mac! Any switch to a new interface & OS can be . . . a test of patience while climbing the learning curve.
Title: Re: Switching to MAC
Post by: howardm on January 01, 2015, 07:16:38 pm
The Missing Manual by Pogue

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1491947160/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687662&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0596000820&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=008F828QS29X5TSHVTJF
Title: Re: Switching to MAC
Post by: Mark D Segal on January 01, 2015, 07:23:02 pm
I agree with Howard's suggestion - Pogue is the most comprehensive reference there is. As well, there are some Mac internet communities and Apple learning resources that can be very useful on specific issues. I made this transition back in 2010. It's a lot easier than you may think, and after a short period getting accustomed to the various functions and features of Mac OSX, my prediction is that sooner rather than later you will be using it for everything.