Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: mschubb on January 01, 2015, 06:46:24 pm
-
After downloading various microsoft updates and Camera Paks, I still can't preview GH4 raw files in Windows 7. Am I doing something dumb? Or is this still an issue so long after the release date for the GH4?
(All is well in Adobe RAW, LR and PS; I'm talking about seeing previews while I browse folders in Windows or open an SD card just to see what's on it.)
Any thoughts or suggestions? Super-annoying to launch a program anytime I wanna quick peek at a RAW file...
Thanks,
Mark
-
Panasonic have always been slow to release codecs for their raw files - and recent Olympus cameras are the same to maybe it is something to do with the micro four-thirds consortium agreements? There are various free programs (such Faststone) you could use: it means you need to launch a program but is that any different to launching Explorer?
Or shoot raw+jpeg and look at the jpeg?