Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: alan a on December 31, 2014, 08:25:03 pm
-
What are the actual dimensions of the 8400 -- NOT including the basket or the stand? Width, depth and height? Need to know for delivery and placement.
Canon specs state that it is 38.5" deep, but that is almost certainly wrong based on this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w4IblYIB98
I was told that the height is 22.5". Based on that, my estimate from the video is that the depth is about 28" -- not 38.5 as stated by Canon. I assume the larger figure includes a full extension of the basket.
Canon reports that the width is 74.5.
If any of the owners of the 8400 can take a quick measurement, it would be greatly appreciated.
-
I have ipf8300. Should be the same dimensions. WITH THE STAND, depth is about 30" if the catch basket is not out all the way. With the paper catch basket extended depth is about 38.5". Height with the stand is 45"
WITHOUT THE STAND, depth is still 29"-30", and height is about 22".
-
What ever you do and where ever you place it, give yourself some working distance to install the roll and papers. Otherwise you will frustrate yourself.
-
Agreed. Based on a quick review of the manual, it appears that sheets and rolls both load from the front -- correct? I will have plenty of room for that. Getting behind such a huge printer would be difficult at best.
What I need is the exact measurement of the DEPTH, not including the basket, with and without the stand. That is important for delivery. I very much appreciate Roscolo's response, but if anyone can provide a more precise measurement, that would be greatly appreciated. In narrow doorways, an inch makes a big difference.
-
My ipf8400 is 28 inches wide/deep. It just fit through a 29 inch door frame, but I had to take the door off its hinges. I assembled the stand in the studio then had the guys carry the head in through the door and set it on the stand. It is against one wall and I have no problems with any access.
-
Some additional info:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=83524.0
-
don't forget that once the unit is filled/primed w/ ink, you cannot tilt it so if there are stairs involved, think about it.