Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: rollsman44 on December 30, 2014, 03:46:58 pm

Title: HELP. Images Opening Up with Portrait Professional
Post by: rollsman44 on December 30, 2014, 03:46:58 pm
  I inser my SD card in card reader and put on my desktop these images in a folder on my desktop. When I go to Open an image from my folder on my desktop it automatically opens with Portrait professional. How do I get the images just to Open and see them. Thank you    I appreciate any help with this
Title: Re: HELP. Images Opening Up with Portrait Professional
Post by: fdisilvestro on December 30, 2014, 11:30:39 pm
Hi,

It looks that Portrait Professional is configured as the default application for your files. I'm not sure if you are using Windows, but if you right click on any image, select
"open with ->"  and then "Choose default program". There you can select the default program, such as Windows Photo Viewer.
Make sure you tick the box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"

Regards
Title: Re: HELP. Images Opening Up with Portrait Professional
Post by: rollsman44 on December 31, 2014, 08:46:25 am
Hi Francisco. I use an iMac.  I tried what you suggested and checked off the box that said Amways. It worked just for that 1 image and when I try to open any other Desktop files it puts me back in the Portrait professional.  I appreciate what you told me but still need your help if you have any other suggestions. Thanks  Dennis
Title: Re: HELP. Images Opening Up with Portrait Professional
Post by: RobSaecker on December 31, 2014, 02:10:28 pm
Hi Francisco. I use an iMac.  I tried what you suggested and checked off the box that said Amways. It worked just for that 1 image and when I try to open any other Desktop files it puts me back in the Portrait professional.  I appreciate what you told me but still need your help if you have any other suggestions. Thanks  Dennis

Control click on an image file, from the menu choose Get Info, in the window that opens go to the Open with: section (use the triangle on the left side to open that section if it isn’t already open), choose your preferred app from the drop down menu, then click the Change All button.

And just out of curiosity, what is Amways? Google shows me nothing that suggests that Amway is producing imaging software.
Title: Re: HELP. Images Opening Up with Portrait Professional
Post by: rollsman44 on December 31, 2014, 04:23:01 pm
Hi Rob, I meant always instead of always( I hate typing) Thank you. I will try that get back to you.   I have no idea what to use to open them.  I used to click on the image and it just opened. What applic would that be?  Thank you
Title: Re: HELP. Images Opening Up with Portrait Professional
Post by: Garnick on January 01, 2015, 04:22:39 pm
Hi Rob, I meant always instead of always( I hate typing) Thank you. I will try that get back to you.   I have no idea what to use to open them.  I used to click on the image and it just opened. What applic would that be?  Thank you

The basic graphic viewer on the Mac is "Preview".  However, in the "Get Info" dialog you will see all of the apps that will open that particular file type.  "Preview" will likely be the fastest, but with very limited tools/adjustments.  Of course you wouldn't want to be making any adjustments in "Preview" regardless, so that's not an issue.  And of course there's always Photoshop and Bridge.  In Bridge there are several ways to view a number of images at once, but slower than Preview.  Hope this helps.

Gary   
Title: Re: HELP. Images Opening Up with Portrait Professional
Post by: rollsman44 on January 04, 2015, 10:15:48 pm
Hi gary, thank you. I was able to get it resolved. Thanks to you and other members who helped.