Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: Jens Peermann on December 28, 2014, 12:37:05 pm

Title: Moving Images without Copying
Post by: Jens Peermann on December 28, 2014, 12:37:05 pm
I need to move images between Collections without copying (and then deleting from the source Collection) them. Is that possible and, if yes, how do I go about that?

Thanks, Jens
Title: Re: Moving Images without Copying
Post by: kirmo on December 30, 2014, 05:16:38 am
To my understanding the collection only holds a pointer to the actual picture file. So one picture can be a memebr in any number of
collections. The file is in its original place and is not copied, it's only referenced from the collection.

So no file copying is done in the background.

I only use catalogs, but the same should be for the sessions case also.

Kirmo
Title: Re: Moving Images without Copying
Post by: Jens Peermann on December 30, 2014, 06:05:03 am
To my understanding the collection only holds a pointer to the actual picture file. So one picture can be a memebr in any number of
collections. The file is in its original place and is not copied, it's only referenced from the collection.

So no file copying is done in the background.

I only use catalogs, but the same should be for the sessions case also.

Kirmo

That's right. Actually the same as in LR.

I will have to set up Smart Albums instead. Then I will be able to move images out of one and into another just by changing the color tag.

Thanks for the help, Kirmo.