Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mike Sellers on December 24, 2014, 01:16:20 pm

Title: HP Premium Plus Photo Satin
Post by: Mike Sellers on December 24, 2014, 01:16:20 pm
I have been using a roll of this and it is very curly. I find myself having to lift the forward edge up as it catches on several seams in the paper path on my Z3100. Anyone else experience this?
Mike
Title: Re: HP Premium Plus Photo Satin
Post by: Mark Lindquist on December 24, 2014, 01:53:44 pm
I usually put a 6 foot long 2 ft wide table in front of the printer and just let the printer scoot the paper forward and leave it alone.  I have 2 tables that are smooth surfaced plastic and for wide prints, I just let them go forward, just at about the same height as the out feed of the printer.  Try supporting the paper this way and you may solve several issues.
Title: Re: HP Premium Plus Photo Satin
Post by: Phil Indeblanc on December 24, 2014, 06:49:01 pm
Yes, this paper is super thick, at about 11.5mil, and hard to keep tame. Mark's suggestion sounds like it would help. Love this paper!