Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Eric Brody on December 23, 2014, 11:38:52 pm

Title: Issue with opening Photoshop CC2014 from Lightroom 5.7
Post by: Eric Brody on December 23, 2014, 11:38:52 pm
Recently I've been getting an unusual message when I click on an image in LR 5.7 and attempt to open it in PS CC2014. Photoshop either fails to open or I get the message "Some of the application components are missing from the Application directory. Please reinstall the application." The bar above this dialog box says "Photoshop." I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop CC2014 from the Creative Cloud menu twice without it solving the problem. I can usually open the image in PS by dragging it from the LR filmstrip to the PS icon in the dock, but this does not seem correct. I am running Mavericks 10.9.5.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any ideas.
Title: Re: Issue with opening Photoshop CC2014 from Lightroom 5.7
Post by: Denis de Gannes on December 24, 2014, 04:16:08 am
Have you tried using the menu bar option for Edit in Photoshop? Photo > Edit in > choose Photoshop from the pop out option.

Title: Re: Issue with opening Photoshop CC2014 from Lightroom 5.7
Post by: Simon Garrett on December 24, 2014, 09:46:43 am
Apart from reinstalling both Lightroom and Photoshop (a pain if your broadband is as slow as mine), the only other suggestion I can think of is to try the Adobe application cleanup tools at http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html (http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) and then reinstall.
Title: Re: Issue with opening Photoshop CC2014 from Lightroom 5.7
Post by: rdonson on December 24, 2014, 09:54:59 am
Recently I've been getting an unusual message when I click on an image in LR 5.7 and attempt to open it in PS CC2014. Photoshop either fails to open or I get the message "Some of the application components are missing from the Application directory. Please reinstall the application." The bar above this dialog box says "Photoshop." I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop CC2014 from the Creative Cloud menu twice without it solving the problem. I can usually open the image in PS by dragging it from the LR filmstrip to the PS icon in the dock, but this does not seem correct. I am running Mavericks 10.9.5.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any ideas.

Yes, I've had that problem as well.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled PS and that didn't help.  There's no way from CC to uninstall and reinstall LR 5.7.1 so I just downloaded and reinstalled.  Neither helped with the problem.  Next up is to try the CC cleaner tools suggested.
Title: Re: Issue with opening Photoshop CC2014 from Lightroom 5.7
Post by: Eric Brody on December 24, 2014, 12:49:26 pm
Thanks to all who've replied so far.
Dennis, sometimes using the menu option works, but not always.
I've not reinstalled LR. I use the non-cloud version, but might try that next.
Eric

Title: Re: Issue with opening Photoshop CC2014 from Lightroom 5.7
Post by: Wayne Fox on December 27, 2014, 10:12:40 am
This can be caused by a second copy of ps such as a backup.
Title: Re: Issue with opening Photoshop CC2014 from Lightroom 5.7
Post by: Wayne Fox on December 27, 2014, 10:22:25 am
I exclude the actual ps application from all backups since it is easy to install from the cloud. Has solved this and other problems.
Title: Re: Issue with opening Photoshop CC2014 from Lightroom 5.7
Post by: Eric Brody on December 27, 2014, 12:51:41 pm
Wayne, your expertise solved the problem. I keep a backup copy of my Mac Pro SSD running constantly in my Thunderbay. When I ejected the disk, and tried again, no problem.

I appreciate the help.

Eric