Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Phil Indeblanc on December 22, 2014, 05:28:05 pm

Title: Firmware for z3200
Post by: Phil Indeblanc on December 22, 2014, 05:28:05 pm
I am running the z3200 with fw TR12-RB-10.0.02

Is there any reason I should upgrade?

Also, is there a list of what the upgrades change?  HP site has little to no info I found saying what it does other than mine being 2 versions older.

Thanks
Title: Re: Firmware for z3200
Post by: Mark Lindquist on December 22, 2014, 08:02:09 pm
Meh, don't do it unless there are problems with the new drive.  You can always upgrade later.  Can't go back unless you have the file archived.  And I don't know how to archive a resident FW version.  That would be more in Ernst's wheelhouse.

It could be your technician will tell you to upgrade though.  Since I have not upgraded a system, I can't say.

Title: Re: Firmware for z3200
Post by: Phil Indeblanc on December 22, 2014, 09:20:42 pm
Yes, thats why I thought to ask here. I don't want any errors when he upgrades.
I will see if the mech board can be done with the fw 10.0.0.2, or ? May not be related in the upgrade.

Title: Re: Firmware for z3200
Post by: Mark Lindquist on December 22, 2014, 10:13:04 pm
Sounds like you've found a guy to work on your printer
phil? 

Is he going to do the fan and belt replacemnent for you as well?

A good technician is worth their weight in gold imho....
Title: Re: Firmware for z3200
Post by: Phil Indeblanc on December 23, 2014, 02:57:43 am
Well we spoke over the phone, and he might be the guy. The belt still looks really good except for the shallow thin slivers. Taking out the PrMech board isn't too involved. If he needed to take things apart much, I would do that as well. I haven't gotten a price on the belt/fan/bushing service yet, but will ask.  He certainly knows how the printer works and the programming with the HP's.

I agree. Its like a good mechanic, contractor, plumber :-)

The older I get the more I appreciate the phrase "Ignorance is bliss"... But I'm a cat waiting to die :-)
Title: Re: Firmware for z3200
Post by: Mark Lindquist on December 23, 2014, 05:28:36 am
Repair technicians don't go into the guts of the PSU and change a fan out as a rule.  Too involved.  They just replace the entire PSU which has the same noisey fan in it.

I would get concerned over the upgrades and repairs.  Too much of that and one could have bought a new printer for what it all could cost for a tecnician to do the work.

There is the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" thing. as well.

Just upgrading shouldn't be too bad, though.