Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 21, 2014, 02:18:52 pm
-
Was shooting a friend's guitar concert the other night. Shot mostly at ISO 25,600, Canon 6D, 24-105/4 and 70-200/4.
-
Though they are all good, the second frame, 0256, is even better.
-
Good seeing, S B.
-
Finally, Slobodan--something half decent I suppose.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=96199.0
Cox is right--the second one is the A-plus. Or perhaps the third.
-
After thinking better of my first try at improving 256, I post this with simpler color and light which might be good for some occasions.
-
Another pair:
-
Excellent job. You really captured the mood. I'm as impressed with your artistry as I am with those ISO 25K files. Cool beans!
-
#2 is da bomb...really like it a lot.
-
Very nice use of tones, colour and deep blacks which means the image has good overall contrast.
-
Very nice use of tones, colour and deep blacks which means the image has good overall contrast.
We finally found a common ground! ;)
Now seriously, the only way I could achieve a proper exposure was to use spot metering and measure the face (except for the silhouette one, of course), letting everything else fall where it may (which would be deep black for the non-illuminated background). Otherwise, the face gets blown out.
-
OK, nice!
-
We finally found a common ground! ;)
Now seriously, the only way I could achieve a proper exposure was to use spot metering and measure the face (except for the silhouette one, of course), letting everything else fall where it may (which would be deep black for the non-illuminated background). Otherwise, the face gets blown out.
Happy new year. :)