Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on December 20, 2014, 05:18:22 am

Title: Taking Fright.
Post by: stamper on December 20, 2014, 05:18:22 am
Streets of Glasgow, Scotland.
Title: Re: Taking Fright.
Post by: petermfiore on December 20, 2014, 07:51:15 am
Hi Stamper,

Vey nice moment...well seen and captured. I like it vey much.

Peter
Title: Re: Taking Fright.
Post by: RSL on December 20, 2014, 09:17:29 am
+1
Title: Re: Taking Fright.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 20, 2014, 10:16:32 am
I first looked at the kids, then the pigeons, and only then did I notice the "title" figure.
Great shot, Stamper!
Title: Re: Taking Fright.
Post by: stamper on December 21, 2014, 04:09:42 am
Thanks for the feedback. Without the little girl on the move I don't think there is an image worth posting. I have no idea why she ran away.
Title: Re: Taking Fright.
Post by: petermfiore on December 21, 2014, 06:56:17 am
Thanks for the feedback. Without the little girl on the move I don't think there is an image worth posting. I have no idea why she ran away.

Pigeons...very very frighting. They can be, sort of. LOL

Peter
Title: Re: Taking Fright.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 21, 2014, 09:29:37 am
The ambiguity here (why is she running away?) invites the viewer to imagine all sorts of scenarios. After seeing the fleeing girl, my eye moves to the standing boy eating something out of a paper cup. What is in the cup? Worms???  ;)
Title: Re: Taking Fright.
Post by: shawnino on December 21, 2014, 09:47:46 am
Really, really well done.
So much to look at in tis one!
Title: Re: Taking Fright.
Post by: Arlen on December 21, 2014, 06:49:24 pm
I like it. But then I'm partial to pigeons, kids and mysteries.