Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: Denis de Gannes on December 19, 2014, 10:44:20 am

Title: Importing my LR 5 Catalog to Capture One 8.1 Pro
Post by: Denis de Gannes on December 19, 2014, 10:44:20 am
Purchased the new version to work with my Olympus EM-1 raw files. Will be using as an alternate processor to LR 5
Import of the 28M image catalog is in process, 16.5 hours left to completion.  :)

Have others found this feature useful.
Title: Re: Importing my LR 5 Catalog to Capture One 8.1 Pro
Post by: Jimmy D Uptain on December 19, 2014, 08:51:40 pm
I have tried creating a brand new catalog and using the importer. The time it takes for either is about the same.
Using both convertors on the same source file doesn't seem to be a problem, so you can still enjoy both pieces of software.
It's kinda fun top play with the same image in two different softwares.
Have fun!
Title: Re: Importing my LR 5 Catalog to Capture One 8.1 Pro
Post by: Denis de Gannes on December 20, 2014, 07:08:51 am
The LR Catalog finally completed after over 20 hours so I now have one large C1 catalog and some collections folders which show up in the left panel. No obvious way of moving around those 27m + image files. See the screen capture.

I am thinking of just using Capture One in sessions mode.

Can I just delete the Catalog file? What about the Previews?

(http://)
Title: Re: Importing my LR 5 Catalog to Capture One 8.1 Pro
Post by: Jimmy D Uptain on December 20, 2014, 07:29:49 pm
Yeah, you can delete the catalog file.
I believe the previews reside inside.
How does the catalog perform?