Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: timparkin on December 18, 2014, 08:19:17 pm

Title: 36 Megapixels vs 6×7 Velvia
Post by: timparkin on December 18, 2014, 08:19:17 pm
I posted a precis of my comparison of medium format film and high end DSLRs on Petapixel

http://petapixel.com/2014/12/18/comparing-image-quality-film-digital

But the full article including some interesting results from Henning Serger about film resolution is here..

https://www.onlandscape.co.uk/2014/12/36-megapixels-vs-6x7-velvia/

Here's one of the key comparison images

(https://www.onlandscape.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/image11.jpg)
Title: Re: 36 Megapixels vs 6×7 Velvia
Post by: hsteeves on December 18, 2014, 10:44:30 pm
Maybe I actually should drag that Fuji 680gx out to play.  Got a few backs for it, a few lenses.  Got the old Jobo in the basement ....
Title: Re: 36 Megapixels vs 6×7 Velvia
Post by: BernardLanguillier on December 19, 2014, 12:05:07 am
Thanks for sharing.

May I ask what lenses you used to shoot this?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: 36 Megapixels vs 6×7 Velvia
Post by: timparkin on December 19, 2014, 03:39:57 am
It was the 25 Zeiss Distagon f/2 vs Mamiya 7 50mm

Tim

Title: Re: 36 Megapixels vs 6×7 Velvia
Post by: ErikKaffehr on December 19, 2014, 10:34:00 am
Shooting some T-MAX 100 and Ektar-100 right now, using a Planar 80/2.8.

:-)

It was the 25 Zeiss Distagon f/2 vs Mamiya 7 50mm

Tim


Title: Re: 36 Megapixels vs 6×7 Velvia
Post by: Chris Barrett on December 19, 2014, 11:43:34 am
I have fun with these sorts of exercises.  I find Portra 160 in 120 to be very close to my IQ260.  Same camera & same lens on my tests...

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=75783.msg745285#msg745285 (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=75783.msg745285#msg745285)
Title: Re: 36 Megapixels vs 6×7 Velvia
Post by: NancyP on December 19, 2014, 01:35:52 pm
Thanks Tim.