Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: louoates on December 18, 2014, 06:01:17 pm

Title: Super-odd printing mystery on Epson 9900 printer
Post by: louoates on December 18, 2014, 06:01:17 pm
I am now seeing a thin (1/32") cyan line across the top of every print. Nozzle checks are perfect. Head alignment is perfect. I've also ruled out any rip settings (Imageprint), paper type, profile type, or image file corruption. Epson has no clue. My local Epson service tech has no idea, other than to start swapping expensive components. The odd thing is that the line occurs only once per print at exactly 1/2" from the top of the image -- and if I shift the image down on the rip layout it prints perfectly. No cyan line. Google searches have been fruitless.
Has anyone heard of this line problem?

Also: The line seems to be printing on top of the other ink. It's the same color atop blue sky and gray clouds, although I can't see the line atop white or black.
Title: Re: Super-odd printing mystery on Epson 9900 printer
Post by: Wayne Fox on December 18, 2014, 06:31:52 pm
I've also ruled out any rip settings (Imageprint),
Have you ruled out the RIP itself by printing via the OS instead of the RIP?
Title: Re: Super-odd printing mystery on Epson 9900 printer
Post by: louoates on December 18, 2014, 07:49:22 pm
Good idea Wayne. I'll try to do so when I get back to my printer in two weeks.