Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: Jim Pascoe on December 16, 2014, 01:11:11 pm

Title: Olympus E-M1 problem, and resolution
Post by: Jim Pascoe on December 16, 2014, 01:11:11 pm
I had only owned my E-M1 for a few months when the rear control wheel (which I have assigned to exposure compensation) started to not always work as it should.  I looked online and saw that others have had the same problem.  In all other respects the camera has been excellent and I use it professionally all the time.

On Thursday last week I decided to ring Olympus and see if they could sort the problem.  Right away they said they would arrange to have it collected and repaired.  The camera was collected by DHL the very next day (Friday) and sent from here in the UK to Portugal.  I had an e-mail on Monday to say the camera had been despatched and it duly arrived today (Tuesday).  Now that is what I call service.  That's four days away including a weekend.

Thank you Olympus for outstanding service.

My only complaint really is that they seem to have reset the camera, and if you have one of these you will know how many ways there are to set the thing up!  Next time I would save my settings as a preset.

Jim
Title: Re: Olympus E-M1 problem, and resolution
Post by: marcgoldring on December 17, 2014, 06:19:42 am
I feel your pain about reconfiguring all the zillions of settings on the E-M1! In case you've not run into it, here's a great spreadsheet  (http://www.biofos.com/mft/omd_em1_settings.html)that lists every bloody menu option along with the default setting with a column for you to enter any settings you've moved off the default. It saved my butt when I installed that firmware update that reset the camera.

Cheers,

Marco
Title: Re: Olympus E-M1 problem, and resolution
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on December 17, 2014, 02:14:58 pm
  Hi Marco, thanks for the great link!! The info is very helpful indeed, BTW the link to your website doesn't work (al least for me it didn't).