Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: StuartOnline on December 15, 2014, 06:43:15 pm

Title: Lightroom 5.7.1 Released
Post by: StuartOnline on December 15, 2014, 06:43:15 pm
Adobe had released Lightroom 5.7.1

https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/12/lightroom-5-7-1-is-now-available.html

Title: Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 Released
Post by: francois on December 16, 2014, 03:32:17 am
Thanks. Checking for updates in LR 5.7 doesn't show any updates available at the moment but the download links work perfectly.
Title: Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 Released
Post by: brianrybolt on December 16, 2014, 09:52:55 am
Adobe had released Lightroom 5.7.1

https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/12/lightroom-5-7-1-is-now-available.html


Thanks for the heads-up.
Brian
Title: Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 Released
Post by: bjanes on December 16, 2014, 10:42:18 am
Thanks. Checking for updates in LR 5.7 doesn't show any updates available at the moment but the download links work perfectly.

This morning, I updated Lightroom to 5.7.1 using the CreativeCloud ap. PS and Bridge were also updated. The changes are very minor except for support of additional cameras.

Bill
Title: Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 Released - bug found
Post by: photodan on December 21, 2014, 07:35:16 pm
I also did not get the update-available message when launching LR 5.7 so I went to the Adobe site and downloaded 5.7.1.

After installing this new release I checked it out briefly and saw that it messed up the camera/lens auto/custom profile processing for at least my Sony A5000 with 16-50mm lens (which has tremendous distortion), which had been working fine in LR 5.7. For example, the "Enable Profile Corrections" check box function didn't work properly, as it had been before.

I downloaded and reinstalled LR 5.7 and things are back to working properly. 
Title: Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 Released
Post by: Robert55 on December 23, 2014, 02:11:40 am
Strange. I don't have that lens, but the profile is just where you'd expect it:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0
Title: Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 Released
Post by: RikkFlohr on December 23, 2014, 09:30:48 am
Make certain you have a Raw file selected when looking for the Lens Profile. Not all profiles are available Raw and JPEG.
Title: Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 Released
Post by: orc73 on December 23, 2014, 11:05:19 am
I played in the store today with a a7II and was surprised they were not accepted by LR, now updated to 5.7.1 and all fine.
Title: Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 Released
Post by: photodan on December 23, 2014, 09:28:46 pm
Strange. I don't have that lens, but the profile is just where you'd expect it:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0

The profile is there, it's just the check box to enable the corrections and then unlick to revert to the raw w/o the corrections doesn't work (the image stays corrected for the most part). Also, when trying to adjust the profile correction to say, reduce the vignetting from 100 to something less the slider is blacked out.
I was working with raw files only.
Title: Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 Released
Post by: alan_b on December 29, 2014, 05:31:00 pm
Any improvement to the D810 camera profiles, or are beta v2 profiles still needed? (posterization)
Title: Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 Released
Post by: Simon Garrett on December 29, 2014, 06:24:33 pm
Any improvement to the D810 camera profiles, or are beta v2 profiles still needed? (posterization)
The release notes for LR 5.7 (note: 5.7, before 5.7.1) included:

"Improved quality of Camera Matching color profiles for the Nikon D810. Fixes visible banding issues with the Camera Standard, Camera Vivid, Camera Landscape, and Camera Monochrome profiles."

The original support for the D810, with the dodgy profiles, was in LR5.6. 

To my understanding, the improvements incorporated in the beta profiles were consolidated in LR5.7.  But I don't have a D810, so I can't confirm. 
Title: Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 Released
Post by: alan_b on December 29, 2014, 08:25:58 pm
The original support for the D810, with the dodgy profiles, was in LR5.6. 

Thanks - I thought I had tested 5.7, but looks like it was 5.6.  Will try 5.7.1.