Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: billy on December 15, 2014, 05:22:53 pm
-
Profoto announced a new firmware upgrade to add high speed sync to the B1 heads and canon and Nikon cameras. I have the 500 watt B1 Head and a canon 5dmk3. I have the profoto air remote transceiver ( non TTL version ) and am wondering if I need the remote to be the TTL version to get the high speed sync to work, anyone know?
BTW, i saw this info on Fstoppers:
https://fstoppers.com/gear/profoto-adds-high-speed-sync-beloved-b1-strobe-through-firmware-update-49782
-
Yes, only works with the t/l version
-
This thing is becoming really awesome! I'll try that in the coming days.
Cheers,
Bernard
-
It has a couple issues
only power 7-10 works for Canon and 8-10 works for nikon so limiting that way but otherwise seems awesome
Hope they come out with a 1000-2000 watt version
-
"only power 7-10 works for Canon and 8-10 works for nikon so limiting that way..."
think about it: For lower power settings they'd have to massively extend flash duration times and frankly if you need less power than 62.5 W-s (canon) or 125 w-s (Nikon) in hyper sync speed modes you are better off with a hotshoe mount Speedlite / Speedlight.
-
does anyone know how long the battery last if you run the modeling light continuously ( for video )?
does anyone know if the light comes stock with the modeling light as LED or Tungsten?