Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: deanwork on December 15, 2014, 03:02:01 pm

Title: Hahnemuhle Photorag Baryta Specks
Post by: deanwork on December 15, 2014, 03:02:01 pm
Does anyone know if Hahnemuhle ever resolved the production issues of gray metallic specks showing up in the Photorag Baryta media? This situation lasted for years so I eventually bailed on it.

I have a client that want's to use it if we can. I switched years ago to the H. Photorag Pearl which I find almost the same paper with a very slight texture difference. I actually like it better, my client already has a lot of work printed on the Baryta so I might have to deal with it again in roll form if it is straightened out. Does anyone know?

john


Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photorag Baryta Specks
Post by: Geraldo Garcia on December 15, 2014, 05:59:14 pm
Well, all I can say is that in the course of 2014 I must have used something like 2 rolls (1 of 24" and 1 of 36") of Photo Rag Baryta and had no issues like you described.
They must have solved it or I got a good batch.
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photorag Baryta Specks
Post by: deanwork on December 15, 2014, 11:51:36 pm
Thanks Geraldo.

Anyone else using it these days?
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photorag Baryta Specks
Post by: Ken Doo on December 16, 2014, 12:07:13 am
Hi John,

Hahn Photo Rag Baryta is a regular request for my clients. No abnormalities noted.

ken
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photorag Baryta Specks
Post by: drgonzo on December 16, 2014, 01:59:25 pm
I have printed 10-15 rolls of Photo Rag Baryta in 2014 with no issues. Mostly 44" rolls, some 60" and a few 24" rolls.
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle Photorag Baryta Specks
Post by: deanwork on December 16, 2014, 02:15:57 pm
Looks like they finally fixed it.