Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: uintaangler on December 14, 2014, 02:50:30 pm

Title: Canvas Paper Suggestions?
Post by: uintaangler on December 14, 2014, 02:50:30 pm
Just finished off my first ever roll of Canvas paper on my Epson 4900
The paper was Breathing Color Lyve
I was very pleased with the results but in the spirit of experimentation I would like to try a different canvas paper for my second roll
Thanks
Title: Re: Canvas Paper Suggestions?
Post by: mstevensphoto on December 14, 2014, 04:22:37 pm
stay away from glossy canvas like you'd stay away from a bleeding ebola patient.

try simply elegant everyday matte.
Title: Re: Canvas Paper Suggestions?
Post by: Darron Chadwick on December 15, 2014, 01:30:59 am
for cost savings I use

Digipros® Decor Canvas, Matte, 15mil, 44in x 100ft

for Great quality

Breathing color for sure
Title: Re: Canvas Paper Suggestions?
Post by: acktdi on December 15, 2014, 11:40:13 am
I've been happy with Breathing Color Crystalline Canvas Glossy.  I'm not varnishing them and haven't had any complaints from customers about scuffing.  Longevity is about 55+ years, so they say - that's good enough for me.
Title: Re: Canvas Paper Suggestions?
Post by: mstevensphoto on December 15, 2014, 12:07:58 pm
in the event you use a glossy canvas I would never consider giving it to a paying client without varnish. BC's offerings smudge at even the slightest moisture. their sales people will tell you not to varnish, their tech people will tell you that's not a good idea.