Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: KMRennie on December 14, 2014, 09:53:45 am

Title: Contemplation
Post by: KMRennie on December 14, 2014, 09:53:45 am
Shot in the 13th century church in Venasque in Provence. I like the light inside this church as well as the ochre wall behind the alter. The 3 main areas of interest are the figure (my wife) the alter and the bible.

Fuji XE-1 Fuji XF18-55mm @18mm f5.6 1/9s ISO 800 handheld, I can't have been drinking any coffee.
All comments welcome.
Ken
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: stamper on December 14, 2014, 11:50:45 am
Very likeable. Nice tones and contrast. I take it this was a high ISO image with the noise reduced? If so the sharpness is spot on. The girl as a spectator/onlooker makes the scene.
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 14, 2014, 01:44:29 pm
Beautiful image.  There is a slight tilt, I think.
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: KMRennie on December 14, 2014, 02:01:31 pm
Thanks for the comments. As for a slight tilt. Rajan the church has no 2 surfaces at right angles to each other. No wall is straight upright and the floor slopes a great deal, it may however still be a little tilted. Stamper my 60 yr old wife thanks you for the girl comment.
Ken
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: RSL on December 14, 2014, 03:38:34 pm
Very fine, Ken. Good shooting.
Title: Re: Contemplation
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 14, 2014, 09:08:24 pm
Yes, very nice.