Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: honzak2 on December 13, 2014, 09:05:23 pm

Title: How to develop Sony A7R RAW files to look like JPEG?
Post by: honzak2 on December 13, 2014, 09:05:23 pm
You may not agree but I like Sony A7R JPEG output.I would like to achieve exactly the same colours, contrast, white balance and sharpness but with it's ARW files.I use Capture One, DXO and CS6 for developing but I never came even close to it.I tried to keep the developing settings the same as they were in camera (auto settings, default…) but didn't work.I even tried the Sony's (horrible) native PlayMemories programme but didn't work (was somehow closer but I didn't like it in detail).Why I don't shoot just JPEG? Because I would like to keep the files lossless (possible to print large later) and do the sharpening in the end of retouching.Any ideas?

Sorry for my English it's not my native language
Title: Re: How to develop Sony A7R RAW files to look like JPEG?
Post by: deejjjaaaa on December 13, 2014, 10:25:43 pm
You may not agree but I like Sony A7R JPEG output.I would like to achieve exactly the same colours, contrast, white balance and sharpness but with it's ARW files.I use Capture One, DXO and CS6 for developing but I never came even close to it.I tried to keep the developing settings the same as they were in camera (auto settings, default…) but didn't work.I even tried the Sony's (horrible) native PlayMemories programme but didn't work (was somehow closer but I didn't like it in detail).Why I don't shoot just JPEG? Because I would like to keep the files lossless (possible to print large later) and do the sharpening in the end of retouching.Any ideas?

Sorry for my English it's not my native language

did you try the OEM raw converter ? http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=ILCE7&upd_id=9790&os_group_id=27