Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mike Guilbault on December 13, 2014, 03:55:55 pm
-
Cleaning a relatively minor clog, but now trying to print a 'cleaning page' to get the ink flowing. I hit print (from LR) but in the print dialogue I get the error:
Stopped - 'Filter' Failed, 1 Page
What the heck is that? I can't find any reference to this in the manual. I've turned the 9900 off and on a couple times, shut-down and restarted LR as well, but the error persists.
-
From Apple Support Communities - Download and install this driver:
Epson Printer Drivers v2.18 for OS X (http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1398)
Hope this helps. - Jim
-
I've got the most recent Epson Driver for OS-X Yosemite (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportYosemiteDetails.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=119098#stage1) already installed, version 9.33. 2.18 seems like a huge leap backwards?
-
Mike, according to stuff I've read this issue seems to be related to Mac TCP/IP connections. You might bark up that tree or try connecting to the printer via USB. That's it, that's all I've got. - Jim
-
I've done a bit more reading as well, and I think you're right. I just moved to a new studio and had to set up the printers again (4900 & 9900) via the local network. Epson walked me through it, and it was working fine. I made two prints, and then this happened after the third one.
-
Well, I deleted the printer from the Printer Utility - twice - and then it worked! I'm guessing I lost connection somehow, or maybe something got crossed when I was trying to print on the 4900 at the same time as the 9900? Anyway... back in production! :)
-
So glad you are back up and running again! Here's something I experienced: My printer is connected via my network. I tried to print one day and nothing happened. I checked the users on my network router and discovered that my cell phone was connected via WI-FI and had been assigned my printer's hard-coded IP address that's set from the printer menu. I turned off the WI-FI connection of my cell phone and all was back to normal.
Maybe you've got a tablet, cell phone or laptop that is using your printer's IP address? Just food for thought. - Jim
-
Good point Jim. I'll watch for that next time it happens as I have both an iPhone and iPad on the network.
-
Well, rather than starting a whole new thread, this problem has risen again. I can print roll paper just fine, but as soon as I try to print a sheet I get that dreaded "Filter" failed error. I've spent hours on the phone with Epson and Apple - and they've NEVER HEARD OF IT - and of course blame the other. I'm connected (Epson 9900) via USB, check the USB, deleted and reinstalled the driver umpteen times, trashed, repaired permissions, restarted, everything I can think of and nothing.
Could it be that my computer is simply too old for all the newer software and drivers? It's a MacPro (Early 2008) but running the latest OS X. I just don't know what else it could be and very frustrated.
-
Maybe one these will help?
https://youtu.be/6KkQo8Tx87I (https://youtu.be/6KkQo8Tx87I)
https://youtu.be/JogWvjVbjz0 (https://youtu.be/JogWvjVbjz0)
-
Thanks... I'll look into those tomorrow.
-
So glad you are back up and running again! Here's something I experienced: My printer is connected via my network. I tried to print one day and nothing happened. I checked the users on my network router and discovered that my cell phone was connected via WI-FI and had been assigned my printer's hard-coded IP address that's set from the printer menu. I turned off the WI-FI connection of my cell phone and all was back to normal.
This is because your router is misconfigured. You CANNOT have your router's DHCP 'address range' overlap any address you've hardcoded. Since most people dont have more than maybe 20-30 devices at home, you can generally set the DHCP range to something fairly high like
192.168.x.210 -> .250 and use everything below to static addresses. You can, on many routers make an address 'reservation' so that when the router sees a request from a certain MAC (no, not an Apple product reference), it always gives out the same address.