Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on December 12, 2014, 12:28:30 pm

Title: Watching & Waiting
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 12, 2014, 12:28:30 pm
By the very nature of what a Vulture is, it generally gives most people a visible shivver when they either see one or someone mentions one. They are carrion feeders and only feed on an animal already dead; hence the great circling flock riding the airwaves with such ease waiting for the last foot quivver. However as a meat eater, it is also considered a raptor in the same breath of the eagle, osprey or hawk.

In this image, I wanted to portray both aspects of this quite magnificent bird: the easy attitude of simple soaring and that bit of ominous foreboding we get watching them as they wait.
Title: Re: Watching & Waiting
Post by: Lloyd Mayeda on December 12, 2014, 01:59:13 pm
"In this image, I wanted to portray both aspects of this quite magnificent bird: the easy attitude of simple soaring and that bit of ominous foreboding we get watching them as they wait."

Congratulations Chris ... I certainly think you have achieved your goal!  Intriguing and well presented.
Title: Re: Watching & Waiting
Post by: John R on December 12, 2014, 03:28:59 pm
I like your treatment of the bird, but I hope you can see the fingerprints in the background. Not a big deal until you blow it up like when it is projected on a large screen.

JR

Title: Re: Watching & Waiting
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 12, 2014, 05:49:29 pm
It's part of how the plate streaked from the amonia. It's a large plate and I would have to be Sasquatch to have fingerprints that large... ;D
Title: Re: Watching & Waiting
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 12, 2014, 09:55:51 pm
Intriguing and very effective.