Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Darron Chadwick on December 10, 2014, 05:02:55 pm

Title: lightning my epson 9890
Post by: Darron Chadwick on December 10, 2014, 05:02:55 pm
So I have a troublesome epson 9890 with the cool black plastic cover. My light cyan has been giving me trouble as of late and I cannot notice the banding until I can see the image from below. So I thought I would share my Idea to remedy this for $10.

I purchased a 4 ft led light stip and attached to the internal section of the printer.

Check it out

Title: Re: lightning my epson 9890
Post by: TSJ1927 on December 10, 2014, 05:11:22 pm
As long as none of Epson's sensors are affected by your LEDs then you've got a cool looking machine.   Preview color will probably be off.
Title: Re: lightning my epson 9890
Post by: Darron Chadwick on December 10, 2014, 05:16:17 pm
not to worried about color just the banding issues
no problems yet with anything else

thanks
Title: Re: lightning my epson 9890
Post by: Ken Doo on December 10, 2014, 05:25:40 pm
Are you gonna install hydraulics next?  

(pretty creative btw)
Title: Re: lightning my epson 9890
Post by: Darron Chadwick on December 10, 2014, 09:26:22 pm
I might install some chrome wheels and a nice sound system the hydraulics might not be in the budget
Title: Re: lightning my epson 9890
Post by: jferrari on December 10, 2014, 11:43:27 pm
I put a coin slot on mine! Twenty-five cents buys one minute of time. You should see the customers frantically pumping quarters near the end of their print!     - Jim
Title: Re: lightning my epson 9890
Post by: Darron Chadwick on December 11, 2014, 12:38:04 am
lol that a great idea
 ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: lightning my epson 9890
Post by: aaronchan on December 11, 2014, 02:54:29 am
You have just turned a Corolla into a Escalade!
Nice work
Title: Re: lightning my epson 9890
Post by: Darron Chadwick on December 11, 2014, 04:52:50 pm
Corolla? I consider Epson's comparable to a Jaguar you need a mechanic on speeddial with a jag.
 
Title: Re: lightning my epson 9890
Post by: Cornelius on June 01, 2016, 04:32:00 pm
Nice job!

How did you resolve the wiring of the LED strip?
Title: Re: lightning my epson 9890
Post by: Zeon on June 14, 2016, 03:58:13 pm
The sensor inside the dark cover are infra-red sensitive and the dark cover is to prevent other light sources from interfering with the sensor. I use an LED flashlight to see the paper when the job is running.