Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: wnichols on December 07, 2014, 03:20:21 pm
-
Anyone out there using a Phase IQ back on an H4x or H5x body? I am ditching my Hassy back and moving to phase. I am wondering how lens correction is in C1 with a phase back on hassy body.
Any other gotchas (I know my HTS won't work nearly as well as the info from it is only read by Phocus but I am moving to a technical camera for all TS stuff.
Thanks ahead of time!
Best,
Bill Nichols
-
My only comment from going the other way from Phase and H2 to H3D was how well the Hassy back was integrated. So much better. Especially not having to worry about carrying a quantity of those thirsty Phase batteries. I don't know if the wake up problem still exists with the Phase backs but that was a real pain also.
-
Anyone out there using a Phase IQ back on an H4x or H5x body? I am ditching my Hassy back and moving to phase. I am wondering how lens correction is in C1 with a phase back on hassy body.
Any other gotchas (I know my HTS won't work nearly as well as the info from it is only read by Phocus but I am moving to a technical camera for all TS stuff.
Thanks ahead of time!
Best,
Bill Nichols
I use an IQ160 on a H1 body and so far it has been smooth sailing. No issues. Lens corrections work very well on C1. I don't know if all lenses are in there, will have to check later.
-
I'm using a Credo on an H5x, and have no issues, but I've never used a Hasselblad back, so have no basis for comparison. The lens correction seems to work well though.
-Doug
-
The lens correction seems to work well though.
Hi Doug,
Are you using any of the HCD lenses as well?
Also, did you happen use the H4X before the H5X? Any improvements with the H5X over the H4X?
Thanks, Joris.
-
I only have the 35/80/120. Never used any HCD lenses. Only used the 4x for a week rental, bought the 5, bc whenever possible I don't like to buy old technology.