Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on December 06, 2014, 12:12:44 pm

Title: Re-Shoot
Post by: RSL on December 06, 2014, 12:12:44 pm
Okay. . . It's not street.
Title: Re: Re-Shoot
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 06, 2014, 01:33:18 pm
I can not immediately verbalize why, but I like it.
Title: Re: Re-Shoot
Post by: petermfiore on December 06, 2014, 02:35:56 pm
A very painterly approach...I like it as well.

Peter
Title: Re: Re-Shoot
Post by: RSL on December 06, 2014, 02:52:38 pm
Thanks, Slobodan and Peter. I'm in the same boat Slobodan is in. I like it but I can't quite say why. A couple weeks ago my D3 quit auto-focusing for the second time in two years. It came back from the shop yesterday, so this morning when I saw a lovely fog outside I rushed out with the D3 to give it a test. I walked the river for an hour and was just snapshooting. Here's another snap from the same walk.

Oh. . . and, Peter, Rob C asked me to pass along his respects.
Title: Re: Re-Shoot
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 06, 2014, 03:58:21 pm
I like them both, Russ.
The first does raise some questions, which keeps it interesting (even if it isn't "street.")
The second, well, I'm just a sucker for a pretty fog shot.
Title: Re: Re-Shoot
Post by: mezzoduomo on December 06, 2014, 06:15:08 pm
Taunton Lake, Medford, NJ. 
Title: Re: Re-Shoot
Post by: petermfiore on December 06, 2014, 06:34:35 pm

Oh. . . and, Peter, Rob C asked me to pass along his respects.

Thanks very much for that note Russ...I'm so overdue in writing to him. I hope he's doing well.

Peter
Title: Re: Re-Shoot
Post by: degrub on December 06, 2014, 07:21:03 pm
It's the dark chair in the shadow that makes the shot for me.
Frank