Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: cottagehunter on December 04, 2014, 01:15:15 pm
-
I know that there is not a normal way to print a full bleed on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet on a 7900. I have 25 calendars to print and both my desktops are not functioning well the wf 520 will no longer feed matte paper and the xp 850 is not printing the right colours (using 3rd party inks ), cost of original inks at $120.00 a set makes this job cost prohibitive. So I was wondering if there was a way to print full bleed on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet on a 7900. I know I could print on a 17" roll but I want to print a calendar page on the backside of the print.
I have been using desktop photo printers for a number of years to do this job but find they either don't feed matte or they stop working (printer needs servicing message) after 2 years .
Just thought I would ask.
Pierre
-
Hi Pierre,
I've been using Epson Stylus Pro printers for ten years, and to the best of my knowledge there is no way to print full bleed(borderless) on any of the sheet paper sizes. That option is only available on roll papers and is limited to these sizes -- 10", 13", 16", 17", 24", 36" and 44" rolls.
Gary
-
The 7900 cannot print full bleed top and bottom, wasn’t designed to do it and the machine requires minimum space to correctly grip the paper while being printed.
As far as width, doing any other size than the supported widths (you may be able to do so with a hack by disabling check paper sizes), can be problematic because you will get ink spill over onto areas that aren’t designed to absorb it. The supported widths have absorbing pads to handle the overspray. You will end up with ink spread all over the place.
To get full bleed prints cut to size, you have to use roll paper and the double cut option. Or you have to print full bleed width and trim the top and bottom afterwards.
-
Garrick and Wayne: Thanks a lot for your replies. I was thinking that was the case but felt it didn't hurt to ask. I guess I will just have to purchase another desktop photo printer and seeing as they only seem to last me 2 years before dying, I will even look at the extended warranty plan for $79 for an extra 3 years on a $199 printer.
Pierre