Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: allegretto on December 03, 2014, 02:10:12 am
-
I currently am running C8.x on a 13" MBP w/Retina (early 2013) and it does better than expected but still would like more speed
My 32G iMac (pre-Retina kicks ass) so no problem there
What I want to know from the Mac gurus/geeks here is will a full blown 15"MBP (Mid 2014) with 2.8/16G RAM be much faster with CO 8.x
I don't want to debate... I do't have enough experience, just a good answer
Thanks as always
-
Hi Allegretto,
I have a Mid 2014, Retina MBP 15" with 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB Ram and the GT750M 2048 GPU.
Its a world apart from my 2012 MBP. Chalk and cheese!
Sorry I can't be more specific but I think the performance is really good on this laptop.
D
-
Hi Allegretto,
I have a Mid 2014, Retina MBP 15" with 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB Ram and the GT750M 2048 GPU.
Its a world apart from my 2012 MBP. Chalk and cheese!
Sorry I can't be more specific but I think the performance is really good on this laptop.
D
Thank you David...!
Suspected as much
BTW.. you Folks got CO8 "Right". Great program now
7.x looked right but worked wrong 8.x gets it fixed...!
-
What I want to know from the Mac gurus/geeks here is will a full blown 15"MBP (Mid 2014) with 2.8/16G RAM be much faster with CO 8.x
Yes. Without getting too mired in tech, the 13" MBPs use a lower-power processor, and the 2014 models also are a whole generation of processor newer and faster. For C1 or any processor-intensive application, you should see a marked improvement with that upgrade.
The GPU will also give you a boost in applications which can take advantage of its processing power.
But if you've got a brick-and-mortar Apple dealer around, don't take my word for it—toss C1 and some images on a memory stick and go take one for a test drive!
-
Well then, I ought to be pretty pleased upgrading from a mid-2010 dual-processor MBP. Gear Acquisition Syndrome strikes. I usually wait 5 years between laptops.
-
Hi Allegretto,
I have a Mid 2014, Retina MBP 15" with 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB Ram and the GT750M 2048 GPU.
Its a world apart from my 2012 MBP. Chalk and cheese!
Sorry I can't be more specific but I think the performance is really good on this laptop.
D
Dido--no comparison.
-
In my experience the most evident boost in performances is due to the SSD drive. I have upgraded my 2012 17" MBP replacing the HD with a 500Gb SSD and now its performances are almost on pair with my newest MBP Retina (CO and Lr).
-
Capture One Hardware Upgrade Guide (https://digitaltransitions.com/blog/workflow-wizard/computer-upgrades)
-
Well
Got my hands on the 15" Retina Screamer
The 13" (early 2013 build, so it's in the "new" family) was really OK... the 15" rips it's head off
And of note, both machines are SSD... still not close
In fact with or without CL on auto it makes little difference (none). And the fan doesn't even come on. It's laughing at me and saying, "...is that the best you got...?..."
Thanks Guys... you're correct, as usual...