Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on December 01, 2014, 10:02:39 pm

Title: Shadow and light
Post by: armand on December 01, 2014, 10:02:39 pm
.
Title: Re: Shadow and light
Post by: Bruce Cox on December 02, 2014, 10:09:50 am
This #2 I would crop.  But looking at the thumbnails afterward, I think, as in your posting, it helps to have the first more innocuous photo hovering over it.
Title: Re: Shadow and light
Post by: francois on December 02, 2014, 10:50:10 am
I like them both but photo #2 is a bit better (in the original or cropped version) for me. Plenty of triangular shapes and the lush foliage give a very pleasant result.
Title: Re: Shadow and light
Post by: PeterAit on December 02, 2014, 04:15:02 pm
I like these! Very good composition, making art out of what might be considered an "ordinary" subject.
Title: Re: Shadow and light
Post by: armand on December 02, 2014, 05:01:01 pm
Thank you for the comments!
I saw the image while on a car guided tour and I knew I needed more time with it.

I went back and forth on how I should crop the second one. I kept it like that because the dark shadow on the foreground leaf is that of the background leaf and I liked to have the 3 elements together; it's true the dark right upper corner doesn't add much (and I tried different positions) but I felt it's a compromise worth making.
Title: Re: Shadow and light
Post by: DF1 on December 02, 2014, 10:31:30 pm
I wouldn't crop either of them. Your original take on these images works.