Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on December 01, 2014, 11:23:18 am
-
.
-
I like the second one. It has a sense of suburban tranquility, helped by the square composition, almost symmetrical reflections, and classical rule of the thirds. One of rare instances where power lines contribute, not distract, from the scene.
-
I like the second one. It has a sense of suburban tranquility, helped by the square composition, almost symmetrical reflections, and classical rule of the thirds. One of rare instances where power lines contribute, not distract, from the scene.
Powerlines always distract, unless it's the ugly monotony of suburbia! This is not a comment on the photo, but rather on the inexorable onslaught of urbanization.
-
Initially I found it a little awkward that through that nice gated neighborhood (or at least significantly above average house value) they had the power lines for the entire city.
Then I realized with that the sunset light they all came together in an appealing package (photographically speaking).
-
Unfortunately, the mirrored reflection, as in the first image, has become one of the cliches of photography. I think this picture is much stronger, and better conveys what I take to be your message, if the reflection is cropped out.
-
Unfortunately, the mirrored reflection, as in the first image, has become one of the cliches of photography. I think this picture is much stronger, and better conveys what I take to be your message, if the reflection is cropped out.
It seems to me that the second photo is not in a class with "Muskrat Love" cliche wise. I kind of like it.
Considered more broadly all non light emeting surfaces are reflections and I like the way water does it. I think that it is good that the light sourses for the reflections are also in the picture.
Bruce
-
Unfortunately, the mirrored reflection, as in the first image, has become one of the cliches of photography. I think this picture is much stronger, and better conveys what I take to be your message, if the reflection is cropped out.
Here is the scene shot with a much wider lens, a 27 mm equivalent (the initial samples are with the 56mm F/1.2 on an X-T1, a 85 mm equivalent); I tried cropping part of the water out but it felt something is missing, maybe I should have bitten the bullet and take the entire water out.