Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on November 30, 2014, 01:19:30 pm

Title: Frozen Potential
Post by: David Eckels on November 30, 2014, 01:19:30 pm
From a walk along the stream during our recent visit to Ohio for Thanksgiving.
Title: Re: Frozen Potential
Post by: David Eckels on November 30, 2014, 03:07:59 pm
And another: Reflections on a Theme. The jpeg/sRGB conversion seems to add some red that is not there in the LR view.
Title: Re: Frozen Potential
Post by: David Eckels on November 30, 2014, 04:45:53 pm
And the final before going off to Death Valley with a group: Bridge Over Untroubled Water
Title: Re: Frozen Potential
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 30, 2014, 06:13:38 pm
The third one is my favorite.
Title: Re: Frozen Potential
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 30, 2014, 06:21:52 pm
The third one is my favorite.

+1
Title: Re: Frozen Potential
Post by: RSL on November 30, 2014, 07:49:03 pm
It's effective, David. Makes me glad to be in Florida.
Title: Re: Frozen Potential
Post by: David Eckels on November 30, 2014, 07:53:02 pm
It's effective, David. Makes me glad to be in Florida.
Didn't realize how much I'd adapted to Phoenix; I was effing cold by the third one!
Title: Re: Frozen Potential
Post by: RSL on November 30, 2014, 07:58:03 pm
You handled the exposure in that third one very well, by the way. It's easy to overexpose the snow when you have that many dark trees in the picture, and that's what most people do. You may be cold but you gotta admit that snow scenes like this one are delicately beautiful. Since I grew up in Michigan I have a deep down love for this kind of thing, though I'm old enough now that I'll be happy to avoid the pleasure.