Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bruce Cox on November 29, 2014, 12:32:43 pm

Title: Reflector
Post by: Bruce Cox on November 29, 2014, 12:32:43 pm
This is from the local park yesterday.  Comments?

The detail is at 100%.
Title: Re: Reflector
Post by: RSL on November 29, 2014, 02:37:05 pm
Depends on what you're after. I'd have put a Tri-Grip reflector to her side camera left and used a Tri-Grip diffuser camera right. But that would soften the whole thing and make the girl more attractive. I'd guess that wasn't the effect you were after.
Title: Re: Reflector
Post by: Bruce Cox on November 29, 2014, 03:20:31 pm
Lighting has always been next semester for me, though I'll get there someday.  I was out to learn the Olympus E-M5 and the 75 mm [equ. 150 mm], f 1.8.  I have never used a lens quite this long, and the one that came close was not this fast.  The camera is somewhat small for my hand and the menu is heavy for my mind.  I might have subtitled this student work, though "it could have been worse" if I posted what I had a couple of days earlier.

When they were more seriously at work, Dad [whoever they are] ran the camera and Mom held the reflector.  
Title: Re: Reflector
Post by: Bruce Cox on November 29, 2014, 05:37:28 pm
Here is one of "Mom".

One of "Mom" modified 10:06 PM. and again the next day.
Title: Re: Reflector
Post by: Tonysx on November 29, 2014, 07:42:45 pm
Are these images even worth a display?
Title: Re: Reflector
Post by: Bruce Cox on November 29, 2014, 09:02:34 pm
Are these images even worth a display?

No, it hasn't been worth it so far.

If I had it to do over again, I would have made it clear that they weren't posing for me.  

If being confusing is the same thing as ambiguity, then maybe it's "street".

Bruce

And next time I may not include a detail that gets more views than the photo as a whole.