Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JimmySalmon on November 29, 2014, 10:43:24 am

Title: Canon ipf 6400 v. ipf 6450
Post by: JimmySalmon on November 29, 2014, 10:43:24 am
I am trying to decide between the Canon ipf 6400 v. ipf 6450.  I do not print a lot of photos, but I do enter contests and want very high quality output.

As I read the blogs, it sounds like most of the advantage of the 6450 is for high output shops, not for avid photographers who seldom print more than a few photos per week.  I am completely unfamiliar with the spectrograph, and do not know if it is truly useful for my work.  Except for skin, I really am not a fanatic about precise color replication.  (I want to be close on color, but it is not as if I am printing for clients who pull out color meters). 

Affordability is not a big issue.  I want a printer that just works when needed.  I do not want a lot of extra things to break and extra information to learn IF the output will be no better.   

I'd appreciate any experience that you had making this decision.

Thanks,

Jimmy
Title: Re: Canon ipf 6400 v. ipf 6450
Post by: howardm on November 29, 2014, 11:08:31 am
this series of articles may be useful in your decision making process....

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/printer/canon_ipf6450-pt1.html